I. What’s What in Health Policy >> B. State Government (last updated 3.24.15)
Other State Government Pages
State Government Gateway Sites
- State Home Pages (NASCIO). Site provides links to official state home pages in all states.
- Official State Home Pages (Duke University Libraries). Site provides links to each state’s official home page and links to other state information.
- State and Local Home Pages (Global Computing). Site provides links to each state’s official home page and links to home pages.
- State and Local Governments (Library of Congress). Meta-Indexes for government information at state and local levels.
- State and Local Governments on the Web. Comprehensive listing from University of Michigan.
State Policy Centers
- Council of State Governments. Founded in 1933, The Council of State Governments is our nation’s only organization serving all three branches of state government. CSG is a region-based forum that fosters the exchange of insights and ideas to help state officials shape public policy.
National Professional Organizations
- Council on Governmental Ethics Law (COGEL). COGEL is the preeminent organization of government ethics administrators. COGEL members work in the fields of governmental ethics, freedom of information, elections, lobbying, and campaign finance.
- Public Affairs Council. The Public Affairs Council is a non-partisan, non-political association for public affairs professionals. Its mission is to advance the field of public affairs and to provide members with the training and information resources they need to achieve success while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- State Government Affairs Council (SGAC). SGAC is the premier national association for multi-state government affairs professionals, providing opportunities for networking and professional development.
- Washington Area State Relations Group (WASRG). WASRG is one of the nation’s largest organizations dedicated exclusively to serving state government relations professionals. Since the mid-1970s, WASRG has been providing its corporate, trade association and public sector members with a unique and valuable opportunity to interact with their peers, key state officials and public policy experts.
State Health Policy News
- State Headlines | Health. Stateline is an editorially independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit news service of the Pew Charitable Trusts that provides daily reporting and analysis on trends in state policy. Stateline’s unparalleled coverage across the 50 states, and insight into policy developments on a range of issues, make it an important resource for policymakers and staff at all levels of government. RSS Feed.
- Kaiser Health News | States. Kaiser Health News is a program of the Kaiser Family Foundation. RSS Feed.