I. What’s What in Health Policy >> L. Mass Media >> Major Newspapers (Last updated January 8, 2015)
The following are links to health policy-related headline feeds from the 15 highest circulation newspapers in the U.S. for the six months ending September 30, 2012, according to Audit Bureau of Circulations; these are the only papers in the country with a verified circulation in excess of 500,000 (generally based on Sunday paper, but sometimes based on average daily circulation for M-F papers).
- Wall Street Journal (2,293,798) | Health News
- New York Times (2,100,893) | Health Care Money and Policy
- USA Today (1,713,833) | Health News
- Houston Chronicle (1,070,290) | No specific feed for health news is available
- LA Times (962,192) | Science (no specific feed for health news is available)
- Chicago Tribune (766,561) | No specific feed for health news is available
- Dallas Morning News (700,649) | Health
- Detroit Free Press (694,228) | Top Health News
- Washington Post (674,751) | Health
- Daily News (New York) (655,647) | Health
- San Jose Mercury News (651,337) | Health
- Denver Post (604,184) | Health & Fitness
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution (586,293) | Health Health care reform
- Minneapolis Star Tribune (578,657) | Health
- New York Post (522,868) | Health
Digitized Historical Newspaper Collections
These are digitized and searchable electronically.
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress). Search America’s historic newspapers pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. The directory of newspaper titles contains nearly 140,000 records of newspapers and libraries that hold copies of these newspapers.
- Online Historical Newspapers Website. Includes links for U.S., Australia, Canada, Ireland, Mexico and UK. The U.S. page is organized by state, the site provides newspaper name, years covered, cost and Web link. Includes both free and pay sites.
- Old Fulton NY Postcards. Tom Tryniski has digitized over 500 historical New York newspapers and created a searchable digital archive of the results.