Health Insurance Industry Trade Associations
- American Association of Health Plans (AAHP). This formerly included managed care organizations, but they have now been merged with AHIP.
- American Association of Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems (AAIHDS). This non-profit organization is dedicated to the educational advancement of provider-based managed care professionals involved in integrated healthcare delivery. Members include Vice Presidents of Managed Care, Directors of Managed Care, Contracting and Provider Relations Managers, Medical Directors, Hospital and Health System Chief Executive Officers and senior management teams, governing board members, managed care organizations, and Integrated Delivery Systems such as Physician Hospital Organizations and Independent Practice Associations.
- America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP). Includes health insurance companies and managed care organizations.
- American Managed Behavioral Healthcare Association (AMBHA). Includes health plans that specialize in behavioral health.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA). Includes non-profit and for-profit Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
- Medicaid Health Plans of America (MHPA). Incorporated in 1995, Medicaid Health Plans of America is the leading national organization solely dedicated to representing health plans participating in Medicaid managed care. The Association’s primary focus is to provide research, analysis, and organized forums that support the development of effective policy solutions to promote and enhance the delivery of quality healthcare.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Represents state insurance commissioners who are responsible for regulating health insurance and managed care organizations.