V. Key Health Policy Issues >> M. Quality/Satisfaction>> Quality Improvement >> Nursing Home Quality
- Nursing Homes: Complaint Investigation Processes Often Inadequate to Protect Residents (GAO 3/99)
- Assisted Living: Quality-of-Care and Consumer Protection Issues (GAO 4/99)
- Nursing Homes: Stronger Complaint and Enforcement Practices
- Nursing Homes: Additional Steps Needed to Strengthen Enforcement of Federal Quality Standards.
- Best Nursing Homes (U.S. News and World Report)
- AssistedLivingToday. Provides cost and service comparisons for over 10,000 senior care facilities across the U.S.
- Caregiverlist. This site provides the top-line information you need to know when reviewing a nursing home – including the prices. Remember, as the government inspection reports are missing about 20% of the data reported and are only conducted on average, once per year (this time span can be longer), they are only a starting point. Some factors, such as staff to patient ratio, have a higher probability of being accurate and are more heavily weighted in our ratings. The site provides an Overall Medicare Star Rating (the rating for the overall results of the government inspection reports), along with specific metrics:
- Percentage of Short-stay Residents with Pressure Sores
- Certified Nursing Aide (C.N.A.) Hours per Resident per Day
- Percent of Long-term Residents whose Need for Help with Daily Activities has Increased
- Daily Price
- Retirementhomes.com. is North America’s largest and most comprehensive easy-to-use online Senior Living Directory. Covering the continuum of care and beyond, we offer the most up-to-date detailed listing information on the following types of senior housing options, including:
- Active Living Communities
- Independent Living Communities
- Alzheimer’s Care Communities
- Memory Care Communities
- Dementia Care Communities
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Skilled Nursing Care Facilities
- Rehabilitation Care Facilities
- Senior Housing Forum. Senior Housing Forum exists to address issues and ideas that directly relate to the senior housing industry. It is published by Steve Moran (short bio below) a 30+ year senior housing veteran.