- See Hospital Quality under Health Facilities Regulation
- Hospitals and surgeons with a high volume of patients had the best records
- Those Hospital Rankings Could Use a Healthy Dose of Skepticism (WSJ: 7/24/13)
- Report Cards: Study finds low patient awarness in Pennsylvania (JAMA: 5/98)
- “Pharmacist Participation on Physician Rounds and Adverse Drug Events in the Intensive Care Unit” (JAMA, 7/21/99)
- “Impact of Risk-Adjusting Cesarean Delivery Rates when Reporting Hospital Performance” (JAMA: 6/24/98)
- Best Hospitals (U.S. News and World Report)
- Hospital Rankings by Specialty (U.S. News and World Report)
- Best Children’s Hospitals (U.S. News and World Report)
- Comparing Health Care Quality: A National Directory (RWJ Foundation)
- Hospital Compare. Hospital Compare (run by Medicare.gov) has information about the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country.
- Dialysis Facility Tracker. ProPublica obtained data about the performance of more than 5,000 U.S. dialysis clinics. The Dialysis Facility Tracker allows patients to compare clinics on such measures as patient survival, infection control, hospitalization rates and transplant rates.