V. Key Issues: Population Health >> H. Quality/Satisfaction >> Quality Improvement >> General Approaches >> Evidence-Based Medicine
- Evidence-Based Nursing Introduction (UNC Health Sciences Library)
- Evidence-Based Medicine (Health Affairs topics page)
- Variations (Health Affairs topics page)
- CancerLinQ. ASCO’s vision for CancerLinQ is to assemble and analyze all of that information in a central knowledge base, which will grow “smarter” over time. Specifically, the system will:
- Upload clinical data stored in electronic health records (EHRs) from patients in multiple practices
- Aggregate information from EHRs, new clinical trials and published guidelines
- Identify trends and associations between myriad variables, in order to generate new hypotheses
- Allow physicians and researchers to evaluate those hypotheses and determine which ones may lead to improved care in real-world settings
- Enable clinicians and researchers to quickly apply those conclusions, forming a continuous cycle of learning.
- The Economist 10.20.13. A substantial body of scientific research, including biomedical research, is not replicable or has basic errors. This reviews much of the evidence supporting that conclusion.