V. Key Issues: Population Health >> H. Quality/Satisfaction >> Quality Improvement (last updated 4.18.16)
Health Plan Quality
- PPOs: New Accreditation Standards Released By URAC
- NCQU: External Appeals Debut in New Stadards
- Quality Compass Web Site
- Breast Cancer: Detection Treatment Better in HMO’s?
- Audit of the Medicare HEDIS Data (provided by IPRO)
- New Quality Index from PacifiCare Health Systems
- “Pharmacist Participation on Physician Rounds and Adverse Drug Events in the Intensive Care Unit” (JAMA, 7/21/99)
- “Impact of Risk-Adjusting Cesarean Delivery Rates when Reporting Hospital Performance” (JAMA: 6/24/98)
- “America’s Best Hospitals” (U.S. News and World Report)
- Complete Hospital Rankings
- Hospitals and surgeons with a high volume of patients had the best records
- Report Cards: Study finds low patient awareness in Pennsylvania (JAMA: 5/98)
- Florida On-Line Physician Profiles
- Physician Profiling (JAMA)
- Public Citizen Releases Annual Ranking of State Medical Boards’ Effectiveness in Disciplining Doctors
- Are Medical Residents Overworked? (Duke University Capstone Report 05/00)
- Core Quality Measures Collaborative (2.16.16) The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) released seven sets of clinical quality measures in February, 2016.
Nursing Home Quality
- Nursing Homes: Complaint Investigation Processes Often Inadequate to Protect Residents (GAO 3/99)
- Assisted Living: Quality-of-Care and Consumer Protection Issues (GAO 4/99)
- Nursing Homes: Stronger Complaint and Enforcement Practices
- Nursing Homes: Additional Steps Needed to Strengthen Enforcement of Federal Quality Standards.