- Health Planning in the United States: Selected Policy Issues, Report of a Study, Volume I (The National Academies Press)
- American Health Planning Association
- The Health Policy Institute of Ohio has created an online reference guideto evidence-based public health practices. The site is organized into four sections:
- Evidence-Based Public Health Overview A brief explanation of what evidence-based public health is, how to use it, why to use it, and possible challenges you may encounter along the way.
- Supporting data for EBPH Links to useful data sources, county profiles, and rankings that feature measures of health outcomes and the factors associated with them.
- Evidence-Based Public Health Practice Resources Links to initiatives that feature community-based public health interventions that have been successful and may be implemented in other communities.
- Related Topics & Resources Links to additional programs and resources that can be used to inform community health efforts.