V. Key Issues: Population Health >> G. Prevention >> STD Prevention (last update: 11.17.15)
- CDC. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance 2014
- CDC. Reportable STDs in Young People 15-24 Years of Age, by State
- Gold, Rachel Benson and Elizabeth Nash. State-Level Policies on Sexuality, STD Education. A review of state laws and policies relating to sexuality education and sexually transmitted disease (STD) education indicates that while most states require schools to teach one or both, most also give local policymakers wide latitude in crafting their own policies. What little substantive guidance states do provide is heavily weighted toward stressing abstinence. While many states permit discussion of contraception, or even mandate that the topic be covered, none requires that it be stressed.
- Kaiser Family Foundation. Daily Reproductive Health Report. Site provides policy briefs, abstracts of recent reports related to STDs policy, downloadable versions if available and ordering information otherwise. Very current.
- Council of State Governments, Knowledge Center. Sexually Transmitted Diseases and HIV/AIDS
- National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention (HCK)
- American Sexual Health Association (ASHA). Non-profit group focussed on AIDS and other STDs.
- Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S. (SIECUS). Non-profit group focussed on comprehensive sex education.
- MedlinePlus. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.